Conversion from Detailed Visual Inspection data
Coarse Visual Inspection data
HMDIF / DVI Conversion Software
The UKPMS Conversion Software allows exports from various Machine Survey processing systems, including SKID (or SCRIM) and PANDEF (for Deflectograph) to be converted to HMDIF format to be loaded into UKPMS accredited systems.
Version 2.2.0 also allows DVI surveys, collected using the current version of the UKPMS Rules & Parameters to be converted to a CVI-equivalent survey as previously used in producing Best Value Performance Indicators.
- Download the HMDIF Conversion Software Version 2.2.0.
- Extract the file using Winzip, double-click the file setup.exe and follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: This version of the software is designed for Windows 2000 onwards.
Important Notes on Using the Conversion Software to Convert DVI Surveys to CVI-Equivalent Surveys
- The Conversion Software allows DVI survey data to be converted to CVI-equivalent data as previously used in the production of Best Value Performance Indicators.
- Only DVI data that conforms to the current version of the UKPMS Rules & Parameters can be converted in this way. The simplest way to tell whether your DVI data has been collected using this version of the Rules & Parameters is to examine a DVI HMDIF file using a text editor.
- If occurrences of the BCRW (Wheel Track Cracking) defect have two ‘OBVAL’ records (one for each parameter) rather than a single record, then they have been collected in accordance with version RP5.01 or later of the Rules & Parameters. The following is an extract from a DVI HMDIF:
Please refer to the help screens for additional instructions relating to the use of this software.